This is the twentieth day in our 31-Day Money Challenge. Over 31 days we’ll publish 31 podcasts, each designed to help you move closer to financial freedom. Yesterday we looked at how to pick mutual funds to implement an asset allocation plan. In today’s podcast, we explore what it means to become a Super Savor with Stig Nybo, author of Transform Tomorrow: Awakening the Super Saver In Pursuit of Retirement Readiness.
Table of Contents:
- What is a Super Saver?
- Do you have to make a lot of money to become a Super Saver?
- The importance of positive influences in becoming a Super Saver.
- The importance of paying yourself first
- How auto-enrollement and auto-escalation can improve savings rates.
- Why is saving 10% a good idea, but still not a perfect number?
- The importance of paying off debt as part of retirement planning.
- The importance of habits and one critical keystone habit.
- The power of spending less than you make and investing the difference.
- Transamerica Retirement Solutions
- Transform Tomorrow: Awakening the Super Saver In Pursuit of Retirement Readiness
- The Power of Habits: Why We Do What We Do In Life And Business
- The Millionaire Next Door