This is the twenty-third day in our 31-Day Money Challenge. Over 31 days we’ll publish 31 podcasts, each designed to help you move closer to financial freedom. Yesterday I shared my own asset allocation and investment selections. Today I’m excited to share with you an interview with Brandon Turner about how he started from nothing and in a few short years built a full time business investing in real estate.
- How Brandon bought his first home while making just $9 an hour.
- How he made $25,000 profit in less than one year on his first home.
- Why flipping a house may look great on TV, but is really just a job with high taxes.
- The advantages of buying a duplex as a first property.
- Why renting to family or friends is a bad idea.
- What a “hard money” loan is and how it helped Brandon buy a rental property.
- The importance of developing step-by-step systems to manage rental properties.
- Why Brandon doesn’t accept cash payments for rent.
- How you get into real estate investing if you don’t have a lot of money.
- Why every problem in real estate investing flows from a bad decision by the landlord.
- What the 50-50 rule is on multi-unit properties.
- RealtyMogul – The Easiest Way to Invest in Commercial Real Estate
- The two most painful words a landlord may ever hear
- MySmartMove (Tenant Screening Tool)
- AppFolio Property Manager
- The ABCs of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss by Ken McElroy
- The Advanced Guide to Real Estate Investing by Ken McElroy
- Real Estate in Your Twenties (ebook)
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad
- Investing in Duplexes, Triplexes, and Quads: The Fastest and Safest Way to Real Estate Wealth by Larry Loftis
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
Day 24: Are you on track to retire?