Editor's note - You can trust the integrity of our balanced, independent financial advice. We may, however, receive compensation from the issuers of some products mentioned in this article. Opinions are the author's alone, and this content has not been provided by, reviewed, approved or endorsed by any advertiser.
This is the twenty-first day in our 31-Day Money Challenge. Over 31 days we’ll publish 31 podcasts, each designed to help you move closer to financial freedom. Yesterday we interviewed Stig Nybo about how to become a super saver. In today’s podcast, we look at mutual fund costs, why the matter, and how to keep them as low as possible.
- How to determine the cost of a mutual fund.
- How even a small difference in costs from one fund to another can make a big difference in returns
- What a fund’s expense ratio is and how to determine the actual cost of the fund.
- What a good goal is for overall expenses for your entire investment portfolio.
- Why investments in some asset classes cost more than others.
- Do low cost mutual funds outperform high cost mutual funds?
- How to Find the Hidden Cost of Mutual Funds
- How to Evaluate a Mutual Fund in 60 Seconds Flat
- How to Pick Your First Mutual Fund
- Making the Most of Morningstar: Determining the Cost of Your Mutual Funds
Day 22: My Investment Portfolio