Bestow Review - Real Life Insurance Rates
Want an easy, no-hassle way to get life insurance from the comfort of your own home? Behold–we give you Bestow.
- Easy-to-use platform
- No medical exam
- Non-commissioned agents
Life insurance is something many people avoid because of the taboo and unpleasantness attached to it. Ultimately, this vital component of insurance can sustain one’s family long after their death. That is why Bestow seeks to make the process simpler.
Keep on reading for an in-depth review of Bestow.
Bestow is a company that was founded to make purchasing term life insurance more straightforward and less of a hassle.
The company claims to make the whole process easy and affordable while shortening the time-consuming process by eliminating the requirement for medical examinations, lengthy applications, and much more.
To offer fast service, Bestow provides a single product–life insurance. This is different when compared to other online insurance platforms, but this feature is what makes the company’s service so fast.
Specifically, you can choose between the 2-year coverage and 10 or 20-year coverage, the details of which are listed below:
- 2-Year coverage: This plan offers a minimum coverage of $50k with maximum coverage of $500k. The starting price for this coverage is $3 per month in premiums. This plan is meant for students, people in-between jobs, new business owners, and anyone in need of short-term life insurance.
- 10 or 20-Year coverage: These plans have a minimum coverage of $50k and maximum coverage of $1 million with premiums starting from $8 per month. This is a comprehensive coverage plan for people seeking long-term life insurance.
The company claims to have re-invented the purchasing experience of life insurance and made it super simple and affordable.
You can apply and get an instant response within 5 minutes. The company also utilizes an accelerated underwriting technology that is unique in the insurance industry and can process applications faster.
Their features include:
Typically, insurance companies make use of an actual person called the underwriter who reviews your application manually. The process employed by Bestow is not only speedy but also eliminates human bias, giving you a fair price.
The platform makes use of a process called algorithmic underwriting, which can process information more quickly and inexpensively to determine your risk category.
No Medical Exam
The medical part of the process is simple and asks straightforward questions related to health and lifestyle choices.
Upon completion of the medical section, the underwriting platform will process the information and calculate your personal risk without a medical exam to give an instant decision.
Change Your Policy at Anytime
During the term of your policy, you have the freedom to change policy types and/or coverage amounts. This feature allows you to adjust your insurance coverage based on changes in your real life.
Changing a job, getting married, or going through a divorce are all life-altering events that require a change in policy type.
Hassle-Free Payment Option
Bestow allows payment by credit cards, Apple Pay and Google Pay. Payments are automatically deducted until canceled, replaced, or term completion.
The application process for Bestow takes up only a handful of minutes. For instance, if you choose the two-year plan, it will ask questions such as:
- Telephone number
- State of residence
- Height and weight
- Place of birth
- Medical history
- Social security number
- Tobacco use
The design of each question was user-friendly, and a single question being asked on a single page makes filling in the application a straightforward process. The design of each page makes the experience more enjoyable rather than daunting.
Their website also saves your progress and allows you to pick up where you left off if need be. The whole process from start to finish takes about 5 minutes.
Bestow is only available in the United States. You can use their service anywhere in the country except New York.
Pros and Cons
- Get a quote without providing contact information: Bestow has a quote form that allows you to enter the necessary data such as weight, height, age, and state to view a range of different coverage options. This will enable you to get their pricing without being hassled by calls, emails, and texts.
- Easy-to-use platform: Bestow has a simplified application process that makes shopping for an intimidating product easy. Their application takes a few minutes to complete.
- No medical exam: Unlike most companies that offer life insurance policies, Bestow allows you to apply for a particular coverage without having to take a medical exam saving time and hassle.
- Non-commissioned agents: Bestow has customer support with licensed agents but they are not incentivized by commissions.
- Bigger payouts mean big premiums: Bestow offers affordable minimum coverage options but bigger payouts entail more significant premiums. Bestow’s $1 million policy has monthly charges of $50 and above.
- Age restrictions: The applicants for the 20-year term policy must be 45 years or younger, and for 2 to 10-year policy, the applicant has to be under 55 years old.
- Only a single product: Bestow only sells a single policy, which is term life insurance. For other insurance such as mortgage or auto insurance, applicants need to seek out other companies.
- No permanent life insurance: Bestow does not offer life insurance policies that last a lifetime.
Policygenius is a platform that allows you to compare quotes from different insurance companies all in one place. Applicants who get rejected from Bestow have the option to check out Policygenius.
The platform functions differently from other insurance comparers that let users apply for a quote only to be bombarded with emails and calls. Policygenius has a different take. The company functions as an insurance broker, and they will walk you through the entire purcnohasing process instead of passing you directly to the insurer.
You get the option of accessing quotes online from the comfort of your home while getting the personalized service offered by a broker.
Besides insurance services, the company also provides a wealth of options on different insurance products to help you make a better-informed decision. You can read our Policygenius review here.
Haven Life is an online life insurance provider with a standard application process of 25 minutes. The remarkable thing about the company is that it also offers insurance without a medical exam and the added benefit of accepting applicants of ages up to 59 years old with coverage policies of up to a $1 million.
A point to be noted is that not all applicants are exempted from the medical exam, and those who require a medical exam will get temporary coverage until the details are finalized. Read our Haven Life insurance review here.
Quotacy is an online platform that gives instant quotes on life insurance and disability insurance from multiple sources without asking for contact information.
A point to be noted here is that Quotacy works with the most well-known and renowned insurance companies but not all of them. So, if you are looking for quotes from a specific company, Quotacy might not have the information you are seeking.
Quotacy allows you to quickly compare life insurance from top providers across the nation in a matter of minutes, some of them with no medical exam, to begin coverage. Their comparison tool allows you to play around with coverage, term length, and prices until you find the perfect fit. Read our Quotacy Review here.
Designed for people seeking life insurance without going through the usual hassle, Bestow dramatically reduces the time required to make a purchase.
Healthy individuals between 21 and 54 are their ideal target market and have the highest rate of acceptance.
However, if you are seeking more personalized plans due to complex needs, you will need to explore other options.
Bestow is the perfect solution for people seeking life insurance at their convenience. Their basic quote feature allows people to get an idea of prices and coverage options without having to put in contact details.
Their fast application process with no medical examination is changing the landscape of how people view life insurance.
Disclosure: Neither Bestow nor North American Company for Life and Health Insurance were involved in the preparation of the information in this article. The opinions and ideas expressed in the article are those of the author(s) and are not promoted or endorsed by Bestow or North American. You should always seek professional advice before making a financial decision.