For those who purchase health insurance through an employer, the process involves selecting medical coverage from a few options. If your employer does not offer health insurance, you’re unemployed or your self-employed, finding quality, affordable health insurance can be overwhelming. Fortunately, there are resources available to help find individual health insurance.
In this article, we’ll look at one of the best online resources that will enable you to quickly and conveniently compare online the cost of several individual health insurance options. Best of all, you can compare health insurance options with no obligation and without providing any personal information
Online Health Insurance Quotes
One of the top online resources for health insurance quotes is eHealthInsurance.com. The company was founded in 1997 and was the first to sell health insurance policies via the Internet. eHealthInsurance is headquartered in Mountain View, California and is licensed to market and sell health insurance in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. eHealthInsurance has developed partnerships with more than 180 health insurance companies, including Aetna, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, AARP, Coventry Health, Humana, and Kaiser Permanente.
Using eHealthInsurance to get free no obligation health insurance quotes is easy. From the main page of eHealthInsurance, enter your zip code. From there you’ll enter just four pieces of information about yourself and any family members you want included in the policy: gender, date of birth, whether you or family members used tobacco products in the last 12 months, and whether you or family members are full-time college students.
With just this information, eHealthInsurance will present you with multiple health insurances plans for you to review. Based on my family’s information, including our two children, here is just a portion of what eHealthInsurance offered online in a matter of seconds:
Benefits of eHealthInsurance
There are several really important features offered by eHealthInsurance.
- Many Options: While the image above lists just three options from my search for medical coverage, eHealthInsurance actually presents about 100 options to choose from, depending on where you live.
- Easy to Search: The various options can easily be sorted based on a number of factors, such as eHealth’s top pics, by price, by deductible, by ratings, or by the health insurance company.
- Easy to Compare: eHealthInsurance makes comparing policies a snap. Once you’ve sorted the options based on the factor that’s most important to you, eHealth allows you to compare side-by-side up to four plans at a time.
- Tons of Information: Like it or not, health insurance is a complicated subject. From deductibles to co-pays, co-insurance to doctor networks, there is a lot to consider when purchasing medical coverage. eHealth lays out all of this information for each insurance offer in an a way that’s easy to follow and understand.
- Search by Your Doctor: This is one of the most important features eHealth offers. If you already have a doctor, you can search for plans accepted by your doctor. After entering our family physician’s name, eHealth produced 38 medical plans accepted by him.
In addition to all of the above features, eHealth can further refine your search for health insurance by a number of factors, including:
- Premium Range: You can search for available plans based on a minimum or maximum premium.
- Plan Features: Whether the plans are HSA eligible or include prescription coverage.
- Plan Type: Whether the plan is a network or PPO.
- Office Visits: Whether the plan covers office visits at all, and if so, after the deductible is met or before.
- Deductible Range: You can search for available plans based on a minimum or maximum deductible.
- Coinsurance Range: You can search for available plans based on the amount of coinsurance, ranging from 0% to 40%.
If you’d like to review your medical coverage plan options, you can do so by visiting eHealthInsurance.com.Topics: Health Insurance