UPDATE – We have a winner. Shauna P from Colorado Springs Colorado. Congratulations!
College is expensive. Too expensive, in fact.
When I attended the University of Miami 15 years ago, I did so on a one-third scholarship and still ended up with $100,000 of student loan debt. As we all know, that’s not exactly the most ideal way to begin your future. Taking control of your personal finances, especially while in college, is a crucial aspect of getting off on the right financial foot.
So, to celebrate our 10 year anniversary here at Dough Roller, we’re looking to help out one lucky student with a $2,500 scholarship!
For this scholarship giveaway, we’re asking all entrants to complete a short application form. You will also need to answer three specific questions about the popular financial book “Your Money or Your Life” by Vicki Robin.
In order to qualify to receive this scholarship, you must answer all three questions correctly and follow a few simple guidelines for eligibility.
This scholarship is open now and will close on December 31st, 2017. On January 1st, 2018, we will select a winner at random from the pool of entries who correctly answer the challenge questions.
- In the book, there’s a section devoted to 10 ways to save money. In this section, the author uses a story from Suzie and Bill T to illustrate one of those 10 ways. Which way to save money is the author describing?
- A chapter in the book is devoted to discussing the relationship between work and income. According to the author, how many hours a day is all that we must spend working for survival?
- What question does the author describe as the “biggest financial unknown in the future,” or simply “the biggest fear?”
Please click the link below to complete the $2,500 scholarship application. All fields must be filled in, and all three challenge questions must be correct in order to be considered for the scholarship award.
Only one entry is permitted per person. If multiple entries from the same student are detected, all that student’s entries will be ineligible.
SCHOLARSHIP ENTRY RULES
In order to qualify for the random drawing of our $2,500 scholarship winner, the following conditions must be met:
- Application must be completed and submitted before December 31st, 2017.
- Application must include correct answers to all three challenge questions.
- Proof of enrollment at a two-year or four-year college/university located in the United States. This needs to be shown within one month of winning the scholarship.
- Winner will provide DoughRoller.net a W-9 form for tax purposes.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY, void where prohibited. All contest answers must be submitted before the clock strikes 2018. A winner will be chosen at random on January 1st, 2018. Winners must be at least 17 years of age, located in the United States, and must be enrolled in a 2-year or 4-year university in January of 2018. All decisions made by DoughRoller.net are final.
Students are limited to one entry each. Winner will be notified via the email address they provided, once selected. A check will be made out directly to the student from DoughRoller.net, and the total value of the award is $2,500. If you have any questions regarding the scholarship, please reach out to Michael Pruser – [email protected]Topics: Education