Cash back or travel miles, whichever you prefer this card can make it happen. Plus, you’ll get unlimited 1.5x rewards and for the first year your miles will be matched. Here are the details.
Credit card usage, management, and rewards are have been at the foundation of sound personal finance for a very long time. After the financial recession, credit cards issuer made a massive pullback in rewards structure. For the last half decade, consumers have struggled to find a truly great rewards card credit card. Enter the Discover it® Miles – Unlimited 1.5x Rewards Card… and its miles MATCH for the first year promotion.
For the first full year of card ownership, the Discover it® Miles – Unlimited 1.5x Rewards Card will offer the standard 1.5 miles per dollar spent on all purchases. As an added bonus, this card will automatically match your miles earned in the first year. This means that you’ll be earning 3x miles on every purchase for the first 12 months of being a Discover card member.
The rewards bonus in miles will automatically be added to your 13th billing statement (depending on the size of reward, Discover may split it between 13th and 14th statements). You must be a Discover it® Miles – Unlimited 1.5x Rewards Card holder for a full calendar year; cancelling your card at any time before the year is up means you forfeit the match miles bonus.
- Unlimited 1.5x rewards on every purchase, every day. For every $1 you spend, you earn 1.5x Miles.
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 14 months (after which variable APR becomes 11.24% – 23.24%)
- We’ll match all the rewards new cardmembers have earned at the end of their first year. No purchase caps or minimums. No signing up. And no limit. New cardmembers only.
- Redeem your rewards in any amount for cash or a travel credit. You’ll always get $1 for every 100 Miles you’ve earned.
- Get your FICO® Credit Score for free on monthly statements, on mobile and online.
- 100% U.S.-based customer service. Talk to a real person any time.
- No annual fee.
All Discover it® Miles – Unlimited 1.5x Rewards also includes an additional cool feature that can offset the costs of in-flight fees. Every year the card is renewed, card members will earn up to a $30 credit for in-flight WiFi. I know when I fly Southwest, I’m charged $8 per flight for using internet in the air. That means that if I take four flights a year, my bonus is tapped out… but it’s still a handy credit to have.
When you compare this card to its competition, the Discover it® Miles – Unlimited 1.5x Rewards card is just as good as the rest. You’ll notice from the comparison chart above that Discover likes to pit this card against other cashback credit cards (not travel rewards cards). That’s because this card fits better into the cash category than it does the travel category. Don’t let the “Miles” in the card name fool you; the Discover brand is all about the benjamins these days.
- Visit our best travel rewards credit card page