With the Chase Total Checking® account the steps to get the bonus are the same. Here are the details:
- Enjoy a $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Checking® account and set up direct deposit
- Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and nearly 4,900 branches
- Chase Mobile® app – Manage your accounts, deposit checks, transfer money and more — all from your device.
- Open your account online now.
- Available online nationwide except in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For branch locations, visit locator.chase.com.
As noted above, the key difference are the monthly fees. To avoid a monthly fee with this account, here’s what you’ll need to do–
“Chase Total Checking has no Monthly Service Fee when you do at least one of the following each statement period: Option #1: Have monthly direct deposits totaling $500 or more made to this account; OR, Option #2: Keep a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more in your checking account; OR, Option #3: Keep an average daily balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances. Otherwise a $12 Monthly Service Fee will apply.”
So it’s easier to avoid the fee, and if you must pay it–Monthly Service Fee: $12.