What is a Form W-2?

If you’re a wage-earning taxpayer, chances are you’re already familiar with Form W-2. For paid employees (ie, most taxpayers) the W-2 is one of the most important tax documents. Form W-2 is an information return document, where employers report an employee’s total wages paid, and taxes paid on those wages. The form is also used to report Federal […]

The DoughRoller Weekly RoundUp (Mathematics Phone Number Edition)

Everyone once in a while, I like to have fun with mathematics.  For those wondering if this is even possible, I assure you it is.  You see, mathematics is like no other subject you learn at school.  There is no interpretation and you’re answer is either right, or wrong.  No in-between. So today, let’s see […]

The Best Credit Cards for Poor Credit of 2019

Have a low credit score but need a credit card? Here’s a list of credit cards to check out. Obtaining a credit card when you have poor credit can be quite the challenge.  Often times, credit card issuers want nothing to do with your 600 FICO score because you’re seen as a risk.  Fortunately, if […]

DIY Credit Help: What’s Holding Back My Credit Score?

The question that pops up most often in the Credit Advice Center, Credit Karma’s forum for consumers to ask questions and post answers on credit-related topics, is, “How do I boost my credit score?” But a better question to ask first is, “What could be holding my credit score back?” You’ve probably heard cure-all advice […]

When is the Best Time to Utilize Cash Out Refinancing?

At the height of the housing market boom, it seemed like every homeowner was taking out a home equity line of credit or performing cash out refinancing. Cash out refinancing isn’t quite as common these days, but it can still be a useful tool. Before you decide whether cash out refinancing is right for you, […]

What is Tax Form 1040 Schedule B?

If you have a savings account, mutual fund, bonds, dividend-paying stocks or any interest-bearing account, you may need to attach a Schedule B to your Form 1040 (tax return) come spring. Filers are generally required to fill out a Schedule B if interest and dividend income from all sources exceeds $1,500. You’ll also need to […]