Firefox Add-ons are free pieces of code that enable you to extend and customize Firefox. There are literally thousands of Add-ons available from the Mozilla website, and many of them can help you manage your money, comparison shop, and invest smarter. So I thought I’d put together a short video to show how to install and use Add-ons.
As an example, we’ll take a look at an Add-on developed by the folks at Price Protectr, a free comparison shopping site that can track the price of just about anything you can buy online. If the price goes down, Price Protectr will send you an e-mail to let you know. So here’s the video, followed by some links of money related Firefox Add-ons to check out.
Installing and Using a Firefox Add-on Video
Money Related Firefox Add-ons
And as promised, here are some links to lists of Add-ons that can help you spend, manage and invest money wisely:
- 100 Money-Saving Firefox Add-Ons
- 10 Great Money Saving Add-ons for Firefox
- 4 Useful Firefox Add-ons and Tips for Investors
- 7 Firefox add-ons that will save you a fortune
And if all that’s not enough, here are some of the top personal finance and investing articles from the past week:
Personal Finance Articles
- How To Get Free Credit Reports From AnnualCreditReport.com (@Moolanomy)
- Cash for Clunkers (@Blunt Money)
- PEG Ratio (@One Mint)
- Do You Suffer From Financial Inferiority Complex? (@Frugal Dad)
- Internet Search Site For The Visually Inclined: Spezify (@The Digerati Life)
Personal Finance Carnivals
- Carnival of Everything About Personal Finance – 5th Edition
- Money Hacks Carnival, Staying Cool Edition
- Carnival of Family Life: Fourth of July Wrap Up Edition
- The 2009 Personal Finance “How to” Roundup
- Carnival of Debt Reduction: Stale Brat Edition
- Carnival of Personal Finance #212: Independence Day Around the World Edition
Published or updated April 20, 2011.