Think your slim Christmas budget limits you to shoddy gifts for everyone on your Christmas list? Think again!
This list of 53 gift ideas under $10 runs the gamut from hilarious gag gifts to best-selling books to toys for girls and boys. Check out the list to get great ideas for anyone and everyone on your list, and finish up your Christmas shopping from the comfort of your living room.
1. Christmas Story Leg Lamp Talking Key Chain ($6.99) – If you’re a true Christmas traditionalist, then you probably watch the movie, A Christmas Story a dozen times during the holiday season. This is a great gag gift for anyone who loves A Christmas Story.
2. The Teeny-Weeny Merry Martini Set ($8.06) – For anyone that enjoys a nice martini, this teeny-weeny set includes an ice cube tray, a martini shaker, two small martini glasses (one red, one green) and a recipe book of martini’s. It’s cute, useful and inexpensive.
3. Trivia Box Game: We Love the 80’s ($9.90) – This is a great game for anyone who grew up in the 80’s (and hates looking back on all those big-hair pictures!).
4. Death Star Ice Sphere Mold ($7.99) – This crazy ice mold is perfect for the geek in your life.
5. Puzzling Wood Gift Box ($4.99-$6.99) – Instead of just handing over a gift card or cash, put your gift in this puzzling gift box. The giftee will have to figure out how to open it to get at the real gift.
6. ForkChops 3-in-1 Eating Utensils ($4.19) – These utensils are a fork, a spook, and chopsticks all in one. It doesn’t get much better than this!
7. Conair Beard and Mustache Trimmer ($8.99) – The perfect gift for any boyfriend, father or male coworker that you notice with facial hair, this beard and mustache trimmer comes from a reliable source, Conair. This gift does require 3 AAA batteries, which are not included.
8. 6 Pack of Monogram Washcloths ($4.00) – You can use these cloths to add a luxurious touch for family and guests. At just $4, these washcloths could easily be added to a bottle of upscale soap or bath scrub for a special touch.
9. Healing Nature Sounds for Relaxation ($4.95) – This gift is perfect for anyone living in a noisy area, or for someone that just has trouble sleeping at night. The forest provides amazing ambient sounds, allowing anyone to rest comfortably at night.
10. Photo Mousepad ($7.96) – A personalized photo mouse pad is a great holiday gift option for someone who’s always working on the computer.
11. Blueflame Microfiber Cleaning Ball ($7.99) – Great for any electronics-lover, this microfiber ball safely and easily cleans screens, so they’re finger-print and dust-free.
12. La Crosse Technology Portable Battery Tester ($9.99) – When you’re trying to dig new batteries out of the junk drawer, nothing is more frustrating than putting in batteries that don’t work. This tester will erase all those problems for someone on your list!
13. Conair Smart Travel Umbrella ($10.99) – For those in rainy areas, a travel umbrella in the car is a must-have. This Conair umbrella is sturdy, but compact enough to slide behind the car’s front seat.
14. Swiss+Tech Micro-Max Key Ring Multi-Tool ($9.49) – For the person who never wants to be without a screwdriver or utility knife, this key ring multi tool offers a variety of useful functions.
15. Wrap It! Ear Bud Case ($4.99) – If you’ve ever dealt with twisting, tangling ear bud cords, you know how annoying they can be to store. This unique neoprene case makes neatly winding the earbud cord a breeze.
Gifts for the Home
16. Set of Four Hanging Picture Frames ($7.99) – Put photos in these cute hanging picture frames for a more personalized gift that’s still under $10!
17. Mikasa Vase ($9.99) – This Mikasa Vase includes “cheer dots” that brightens up the place. The vase stands at only 7″ high, is made of glass and should only be washed by hand. That means no dishwashers!
18. Holiday Lane Collection Ornaments ($6.99) – If you’re gifting a person who just adores Christmas, these cute, stylish ornaments are a great gift. They’ll think of you while trimming the tree for years to come.
19. Hanging Tear Drop Oil Warmer ($6.71) – This beautiful oil warmer uses tea light candles to warm an oil of choice, which will scent the whole home. Add a synergistic aromatherapy blend like this one for the perfect holiday gift.
20. Two Peas in a Pod Salt and Pepper Shakers ($3.29) – These adorable salt and pepper shakers are a fun gift for any gardener or cook on your list.
21. H2O Instant Water Candle Kit ($7.99+) – Did you know you can create a candle with just oil and water? You can with this interesting create a candle kit!
22. Whirly Hanging Candleholder ($4.95) – This blown glass candle holder is a gorgeous statement piece. Give a few so that your giftee can create a beautiful, floating candle vignette.
23. Growums Pizza Garden ($9.99) – A great gift for kids and adults alike, this pizza garden comes with seeds for all the herbs and veggies you need to make delicious homemade pizza!
24. Bongo Rhinestone Buckle Fedora ($7.69)– For under $10, this stylish fedora is a great gift, even for someone who doesn’t yet know she loves to wear hats!
26. Photo Calendars (3/$26.99) – This photo calendar gift pack from Snapfish makes personalized gift giving easy. Just insert your own photos, customize dates, and get three calendars for less than $10 each.
27. Collage Poster Prints (from $6.99) – Poster prints of family photos are great for grandparents, parents, and anyone else who loves to display pictures. And collage prints let you add a lot of photos to the same poster.
28. Photo Collage Mug ($10.00) – Coffee and tea lovers will adore this coffee mug. It’s the perfect gift for someone who has coffee at the office, but doesn’t have a place to display family photos.
29. Funny Office Survival Guide (from $5.67) – Anyone working in an office environment knows how stressful it can be. This book takes a funny look at different techniques you can use to stay sane and further your job status at the same time. Be careful though, as those who can’t take jokes might consider these options an attack!
30. The Snowflake: Winter’s Secret Beauty (from $8.00) – This beautiful book of snowflake photography will fascinate kids and adults alike. It’s a great gift for any wintery holiday!
31. True Love: 24 Surprising Stories of Animal Affection (from $3.98) – Who doesn’t love a good animal story? This National Geographic photo-journalism book is great for the pet lover in your life.
32. Prosper: Create the Life You Really Want (from $2.17) – This interesting volume gives tips on achieving the life you really want – outside of just financial peace of mind. It’s a great gift for anyone looking to take the next step, or someone who’s at a career or educational crossroads.
33. Pig Out: 60 Fab Recipes for Sweet Indulgence ($3.98) – Feed a sweet tooth with this bargain of a cook book. It would be great packaged up nicely with a bar of high-quality baker’s chocolate!
34. Just One Pot: Over 320 Simple and Delicious Recipes, from Hearty Stews to Tasty Tangines ($7.98) – This book from the editors of Reader’s Digest is a great option for any cook who enjoys simple, yes tasty, recipes.
35. The Complete Whole Grains Cookbook: 150 Recipes for Healthy Living (from $2.28) – If you know your giftee is already making healthy-eating New Year’s Resolutions, help them along with this healthy cookbook. Add a bag or two of adventurous, organic whole grains, like quinoa or spelt, for an even better gift.
Gifts for Kids
37. Ape in a Cape: An Alphabet of Odd Animals ($7.20) – This gorgeously-illustrated Caldecott Medal winner is a great book for young kids just learning their ABC’s.
38. Journey ($10.27) – Voted one of the best kids’ books of 2013, Journey follows a girl on a journey through the world, and on a journey through friendship.
39. Sense and Sensibility: A BabyLit Opposites Primer ($8.99) – This board book is part of the wonderful BabyLit series, which retells stories of classic literature with fun, interesting themes for little ones. Check out the whole series if you’re looking for baby gifts for a kid with literary parents.
40. The Day the Crayons Quit ($9.03) – At under $10 for a hardcover copy, this New York Times #1 Best Seller is a steal for a kids book. It’s a funny, interesting book for preschool-aged kids.
41. Once a Mouse… ($7.19) – This Caldecott winner features beautiful woodcut illustrations and tells a traditional Indian fable of a mouse who finds a way to turn into a cat, a dog, or a tiger.
42. Grip-Rite 100 Rubber Basketball ($9.79) – Encourage active play with this high-quality, real basketball. It’s a great gift for girls or boys – especially if it comes with the promise of plenty of games of HORSE with a loved one!
44. Nerf N-Strike Elite Triad Ex-3 Micro Blaster ($9.79) – I don’t know about you, but in my family, Nerf just says “Christmas.” Get a Nerf dart war going by buying these for all the kids on your Christmas list.
45. Playskool Form Fitter ($6.99) – A classic toddler toy, this shape sorter helps kids identify shapes and hone their fine motor skills. As a parent, I can attest that this toy will get plenty of play time for kids between 1 and 3.
46. Play-Doh Party Pack Tube ($5.99) – There’s nothing better than Play-Doh for any kid old enough to not eat the stuff. And this party pack adds to the fun with lots of cool colors – all for six bucks!
47. The Cat in the Hate I Can Do That! Game ($6.99) – Fun for the whole family, this is a great get up and go game that will have everyone in stitches.
48. Crayola Large Washable Crayons ($1.89) – Kids love crayons, and parents adore crayons that wash off the wall (or the table or the bed or anywhere else those little hands can sneak their coloring tools). In fact, high-quality Crayola crayons, markers, and other art supplies are so cheap that you could easily do an art set of several options for under $10!
49. Classic Peg Letter Puzzle ($7.19) – Great for kids learning letter shapes and sounds, this classic puzzle will keep preschoolers busy for hours.
50. Ravensburger Ocean World Puzzle Ball ($8.78) – Put a new spin on puzzles with this ball-shaped plastic puzzle from Ravensburger.
51. Mega Bloks Create n’ Play 200-Piece Set ($9.97) – For younger kids who like to build, the larger size of Mega Bloks is great. Plus, this set comes with its own plastic tub with a lid for easy storage.
52. Made By Me Birdhouse ($8.97) – Here’s a great gift for a young DIY-er. This kit comes with everything you need to build and decorate a bird house, which they’ll love to see full of a new bird family come spring.
53. Sorry! 2013 Edition Game ($7.77) – This classic board game is a great way to start the tradition of a family game night this year. It’s easy to learn, but super-fun to play.