Let’s get real. The iPhone looks great, but at $500-$600, it’s a big budget-buster. So I’ve come up with 5 excuses justifications rationalizations sound financial money-saving reasons to buy an iPhone, just in case you need to feel better about the money you’re going to spend. Here you go:
- iPod is so yesterday: With a beautiful iPod integrated into Apple’s iPhone, you no longer need to buy (or upgrade) an iPod.
- Navigation System, Smavigation System: With Google Maps available on the large, color iPhone screen, you can forego an expensive option on your next auto purchase (sorry, Honda).
- Laptop -> Palmtop: For those considering a laptop, the iPhone may meet your needs. Yes, this is a stretch, but a desktop + iPhone may be better than an expensive laptop. Of course, the iPhone can search the internet, but did you know the iPhone can read Word, Excel and PDF files, too?
- PSP, see ya, wouldn’t wanna be ya: Nintendo is already in talks with Apple about porting games to the iPhone, and you can be sure that others will follow. So with the iPhone, you can avoid buying another handheld gaming system.
- A picture’s worth a 1,000 words: With the iPhone, you don’t need to buy a separate digital camera. Ok, I know most all cell phones have built-in cameras, but I’m looking for ways to ease your conscience here. Work with me.
At the risk of spoiling all this fun, let me add one last way to save money with the iPhone–WAIT! The price of the iPhone surely will go down, and I bet eventually you’ll be able to buy refurbished iPhones just like you can buy refurbished Macs, monitors and iPods.
Here are some other articles about the iPhone from the Blogosphere:
- Nintendo to Partner with Apple for iPhone Gaming? @ engadget mobile
- 10 Reasons iPhone Complainers are Full of Baloney @ Tinyscreenfuls
- Links that Don’t mention the iPhone–Speedlinking 2 July 2007 @ Problogger
- I’m I the Only Person in the World Who Doesn’t Want an iPhone? @ Her Every Cent Counts
- Smashing Open an iPhone @ Blogging Stocks