For my third and final purchase with American Express Rewards Points, I splurged and bought the iPad. When the iPads first came out, I decided pretty quickly that I didn’t need or want one. Even though I’m a Mac addict, I just didn’t see the use for an iPad given that I carry a MacBook Pro every where I go. But with the American Express Rewards Points just burning a hole in my pocket, I couldn’t resist.
And having now spent some time with the iPad, I’m glad I made the purchase. There are some really great finance and productivity apps available, many for free. So we put together this quick list of 10 of the best iPad apps. If you know of others we’ve left off the list, please leave a comment below.
Top 7 Finance and Productivity Apps for the iPad
- Forbes Investment Guide: Forbes annual investment guide is available for free on the iPad. According to Apple, “In this age of financial information overload, rare is the advice that helps you clear a path through the clutter and confusion and achieve your long-term objectives. That’s just what Forbes’ Investment Guides are designed to do.”
- E*TRADE Mobile Pro for iPad: If you invest with E*TRADE, then this free iPad app is for you. Trade anytime, anywhere with E*TRADE Mobile Pro for iPad.
- Chase Bank: If you bank at Chase or carry a Chase credit card, this app allows you to bank on the go.
- StockWatch for the iPad: If you have a lot of stocks to keep track of, StockWatch for the iPad is a great solution. According to StockWatch, “StockWatch is the perfect App for investors to keep an eye on their favorite stocks, track their portfolios and holdings, and much more. With an easy-to-use and enhanced iPad user interface, you will have all your investments and research tools just a few taps away.”
- Bloomberg: For one of the most trusted names in finance, you can bring Bloomberg to the iPad in seconds. According to the Apple website, “Bring the power of the most trusted source for financial information to your iPad, along with tools to help you analyze the world’s markets.”
- Evernote: Anybody who has used Evernote knows the power and simplicity of this productivity tool. And now you can get it for free on the iPad.
- SpringPad: Finally, SpringPad is a free iPad app I just downloaded that helps you keep track of just about anything. According to Apple, “Springpad is a free application that lets you quickly and easily save the ideas and information you want to remember – on the web, on your phone and on your iPad!”