My daughter turned 13 this past week, and we’re celebrating with family today. I look at pictures from just five years ago, and it’s amazing how much she’s grown and matured. And it reminds me of a decision I made at that time to leave a high paying, prestigious job for a lower paying and very ordinary job so that I could spend more time with my family.
Please don’t think me a “hero” for making this decision as my wife had as much to do with it as I. It was the hardest yet most satisfying career move I’ve ever made. And because of that decision, I’ve had the honor and pleasure of watching my daughter grow up these past five years, rather than spending that time working 75 hours a week and traveling much of the time. As a great poet once wrote, I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference:
But enough of my ramblings, here are some great articles of the past week that I think you’ll enjoy:
- 10 Reasons To Avoid Lists (@ The Financial Philosopher)
- Mandatory PF Courses in Ohio (@ Grad Money Matters): Go Buckeyes!
- It’s Raining Money (@ Single Guy Money): Ebates was knew to me, so I thought I’d pass it along to you.
- How To Protect Your Personal Data When Disaster Strikes (@ Gather Little By Little)
- The Dough Roller Retro: Don’t Steal From St. Peter