On this Veterans Day, I’m happy to announce the launch of the Dough Roller Podcast. It’s been a long time in the making, and while I don’t have all the kinks worked out, it is off to a good start.
To commemorate Veterans Day, in this first episode I interview Ryan Guina. Ryan served in the United States Air Force for six years. He now writes about personal finance for Veterans at The Military Wallet.
We focus on several key benefits available to Veterans:
- The two types of GI Bill benefits and how to use this educational benefit in the most effective way
- How to use educational assistance while in the military to preserve as much of the GI Bill benefit as possible
- Ryan’s experience using a VA loan to buy a home without a down payment
- How some Veterans with disabilities can avoid paying closing costs with a VA loan
- Health care for those Veterans injured in the line of duty
- Disability compensation
- State & local benefits available to Veterans
Ryan also shares with us a list of restaurants that offer free meals to vets on Veterans Day.
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- 2013 Veterans Day Free Meals and Discounts
- Veterans Benefits Guide – How to Unlock Your Veterans Benefits
- Navy Federal Credit Union
- USAA Military Home, Life & Auto Insurance | Banking & Investing
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs
- Directory of Veterans Service Organizations
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- The American Legion
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America