In addition to being one of the best discount brokers out there, Zecco has developed a pretty sweet platform for Forex trading. If you’re not familiar with Forex trading and enjoy playing around with cool technology, Zecco will provide you a mock trading account with $50,000 in virtual currency. With real-time quotes, it’s the perfect way to dive into the unknown and learn by doing. Just make sure you avoid investing in the US Dollar!
Let’s take a look at some of the best money articles from this past week.
- Your Take: Married Women Out Earning Their Husbands @ Bargaineering: It seems that with each passing year, more married women are bringing home the majority of the bacon. Goodbye Sugar Daddy, hello Sugar Mamma.
- Refinance Now? @ Credit Karma: Maintaining a mortgage is a crucial responsibility. Refinancing now could save thousands but take a look a few pointers before rushing in.
- Should Parents Have a Financial Double Standard for Sons and Daughters? @ Moolanomy: On the surface this would seem ridiculous simply based on gender but there’s a couple of excellent examples where it probably should be applied.
- 5 Steps to Follow to Make Sure You Do Not Lose Everything To the Next Bernie Madoff @ Gather Little By Little: Apparently, the New York Mets actually profited $48M from investing with Bernie Madoff. Sickening to think how many people that money belongs too. Protect yourself from future Ponzi schemers.
- How To Do Halloween Cheaply @ The Bargainist: It’s nearly impossible to celebrate all Holidays with glitz and glamor. Maybe you should take a break this Halloween and same some green?
- Coupons, Discounts and Sales Do Not Mean You Are Saving @ Realm of Prosperity: Just because it’s on sale doesn’t mean you need it.
- Save Money by Practicing Moderation in Your Life @ Think Your Way to Wealth: If you find yourself struggling with the self discipline to manage your finances, take a look.
- 10 Free Online Budgeting Applications @ Lazy Man and Money: You don’t have to use all 10 for them to be free but it doesn’t hurt to give them all a shot!
Published or updated March 15, 2013.