Warren Buffett was recently interviewed on everything from who he supports for President, to the future of the dollar, and the banking crisis. The interview presents an interesting glimpse into how Warren Buffett sees the current financial landscape. Some of the key points for investors:
- The dollar will continue to fall: So long as we Yankees have an insatiable thirst for foreign goods and the greenbacks to pay for it, the value of the dollar will continue to fall.
- Invest only in what you understand: This has always been an important rule for Buffett. Invest within your circle of competencies. If you don’t understand the risks of emerging markets, P2P lending, or anything else, learn before you invest.
- American Express is the canary in the cave: Buffett knew the economy was slowing when American Express announced in December 2007 that its business was slowing.
- The economy could get real bad, but we always come out of it: The economy is cyclical, an important point to remember whether the economy is going up or down.
- Best Warren Buffett Quote: It was Mae West who said it best–“I was Snow White, but I drifted” referring to Berkshire Hathaway’s commitment not to drift in its investing style and goals.
Here’s the video: