This is the fourteen day in our 31-Day Money Challenge. Over 31 days we’ll publish 31 podcasts, each designed to help you move closer to financial freedom. Yesterday we looked at the debt snowball. In today’s podcast, we look at how to tackle multiple financial goals at the same time.
- The two types of financial emergencies: (1) the hit and run, and (2) prolonged agony.
- How to determine how big of an emergency fund you really need.
- The 7 factors to consider in prioritizing your financial goals.
- Is it ever ok to rely on credit for emergencies?
- How a 401k employer match should affect your financial priorities.
- How my wife and I ordered our financial priorities while paying off our debt.
- Should you pay your mortgage off early?
- Capital One 360
- Invest in a 401k, Roth IRA, or pay of credit card debt?
- Should you sell investments to pay off debt?
- Pay off debt or save for retirement?
- Save or repay debt?
- Should you ever borrow money to pay off debt?
- Should you ever stop saving for retirement to pay off debt?
- Invest or pay off school loans?
Q (Barbara): with online banks, how do I deposit and withdraw? Is there a limited number of times you are able to do so?
Day 15: Interview with Carl Richards