You have to admire a company that would hire William Shatner as its spokesperson. Perhaps I’m showing my age, but he’ll always be Captain Kirk to me. And he brings that same spastic passion to Priceline. And that brings me to our review of The Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Card.
This card falls into a relatively small group of cards that offer 2% rewards on every purchase. Actually, you can earn 5% on some purchases and 2% on everything else. Here are the details.
First, the card offers a 5,000 point bonus after your first purchase. These points are worth a statement credit of at least $50. Second, you’ll earn 5x points for every dollar spent on Name Your Own Price® purchases at Priceline. And finally, you’ll get 2x points for every dollar spent on all other purchases.
Here’s a summary of the reward details:
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after your first purchase
- Earn 5X points on eligible Name Your Own Price® purchases
- Earn 2X points on everything else
- Spend your points like cash - Redeem points for statement credits to purchase anything you want
- No limit to the number of points you can earn
- Low intro rate on balance transfers for the first fifteen billing cycles after account opening
- Please see terms and conditions for complete details
While most rewards credit cards don’t offer much in the way of no interest deals, The Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Card takes a different approach. In addition to the above rewards, the card comes with a 0% APR introductory rate on balance transfers for the first 15 billing cycles. While that doesn’t qualify it for the best 0% balance transfer offer, it’s extremely competitive. Note that after the 0% offer expires, the regular purchase APR of 14.99% or 21.99% (Variable) will apply.
To my surprise, the card does not charge an annual fee. So while Priceline is not the first name that comes to mind when I think of the top credit cards, I have to give some credit to Captain Kirk. He’s got himself a pretty good credit card. For more details or to apply online, visit The Priceline Rewards™ Visa® Card website.
Live long and prosper.
Published or updated December 16, 2012.