My family and I just returned from a vacation in which we spent $264 for a plane ticket to Florida and back. That might not be a bad deal, except that–
The “ticket” was for our luggage!
So when Citi relaunched a miles card that lets you and up to 4 companions each check one bag for free, it caught my attention. Called the Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard®, it boasts some new features that make it a good option for AA frequent flyers.
The card allows you to earn 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of being a cardmember. The spend requirement is about as low as you’ll find, and 30,000 miles will go a long way toward free travel.
The Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® also includes a lot of other perks and rewards. Here’s an overview:
- Earn 30,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of cardmembership*
- Your first eligible checked bag is free*
- Group 1 boarding and 25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases*
- Earn a $100 American Airlines Flight Discount every cardmembership year with qualifying purchases and cardmembership renewal*
- Double AAdvantage® miles on eligible American Airlines purchases*
- Earn 10% of your redeemed AAdvantage® miles back – up to 10,000 AAdvantage® miles each calendar year*
There is a $95 annual fee, but it is waived for the first 12 months. Also, the free checked bag applies not only to the cardholder, but also up to 4 traveling companions. Having just taken my family on a vacation for spring break, this feature would have come in very handy.
For more information or to apply for the card, visit the Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® website.