For the past few years, I’ve attended the Affiliate Summit East, which is always held in New York City. The Summit is nice place to get together to meet and greet fellow bloggers as well as take in the sights the City has to offer. Each year, the Summit is held at the NY Hilton, a hotel that doesn’t look like much on the onside but compensates with quite the accommodations inside. While I could never make a habit of staying in hotels of that caliber, the Citi® Hilton HHonorsTM Visa Signature® Card offers cardholders four free nights at a Hilton hotel plus many other benefits.
Immediately following $1,000 in purchases during the first four months of card ownership, The Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card dishes out 40,000 rewards points. Those rewards points can be used for a one night stay at a Category 6 Hilton hotel, or three nights at a Category 2 Hilton hotel. Consider category one to be least decked out Hilton hotels and know that higher categories will require higher point values for free stays. Some hotels require 80,000 points per night. I can only imagine what those hotel rooms look like!
This card isn’t bad in terms of purchase APR. There is no introductory rate offered, and if applicants are denied for this version, they will automatically be considered for the Gold version of this card. The Gold includes a higher APR and lower rewards for every dollar spent, so it’s important that only excellent credit applicants apply.
The rewards program for the Citi® Hilton HHonorsTM Visa Signature® Card is above average in terms of travel rewards credit cards and if your a frequent Hilton Hotel stayer, you’ll earn them even faster. Rewards points are earned in the following three different intervals:
- HHonors Silver status as long as you’re a cardmember.
- 6 HHonors Bonus Points for every $1 spent on Hilton Portfolio hotel stays.
- 3 HHonors Bonus Points for every $1 spent at supermarkets, drugstores, and gas stations in the United States.
- 2 HHonors Bonus Points for every $1 spent on all other eligible purchases.
- Bonus: 40,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points when you make $1,000 in purchases within the first four months of account opening.
- Anniversary Bonus: Spend $1,000 or more on stays within the Hilton Portfolio before your anniversary each year, and earn 10,000 Bonus Points.
While most rewards card include annual fee, that’s one added perk to the Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card. No annual fee is charged, so rewards are not given back once a year.