We just learned of a special credit card that Citi is offering that could save you a bundle on Christmas and holiday shopping. The card is the Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card – $100 Cash Back. Now that card has been around for a long time and is one of the better cash back credit cards you can find. But Citi is offering a special version of the card for a limited time. The key is to make sure you apply for the correct version of the Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card – $100 Cash Back.
Here’s a summary of what the card offers:
- $100 cash back after $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 12 months. After that, the APR will be 12.99%-22.99% variable based on your creditworthiness*
- Earn 5% cash back from Citi at Home Depot, Home furnishing stores and home and garden stores between 4/1/13 and 6/30/13, with enrollment
- Enroll at no additional cost each quarter for new categories that earn additional cash back
- Full 1% cash back on all other purchases and eligible cash advances
- No annual fee*
As I said above, the key is to make sure you apply for the right version of the Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card – $100 Cash Back. If you follow this link to Citi, you’ll find the application page for the version of this card that has the above incentives. The $100 cash back is a nice feature, but several of the better cash back cards offer the same thing. The real key for this card is the 5% cash back on Fitness club, health care and utilities purchases from now until March 31st. That will cover almost any gift you want to buy, and a 5% cash reward is really hard to beat.
And the 0% balance transfer offer for 12 months is a nice feature if you already have some high interest credit card debt. This isn’t the longest 0% offer available (the Citi Platinum Select offers 0% for 21 months). But combined with the cash back features, this card is one of the most rewarding credit card offers available.
Anyway, I thought this looked like a great cash back offer for the holidays, so thought I’d pass it along. If you want to check it out, visit the Citi® Dividend Platinum Select® Visa® Card – $100 Cash Back page for more information.
Published or updated March 29, 2012.