When credit cards were introduced to the masses more than 25 years ago, they were used simply to provide a method of payment and nothing more. Credit Card rewards didn’t exist and managing your finances while building credit wasn’t the concern of every credit card holder. Consider the Capital One® Platinum Credit Card a return to those simpler times.
Let’s start with the positives. The Capital One® Platinum Credit Card allows consumers with average credit to obtain an unsecured line of credit. This means that a deposit is not required to make purchases with your card. The purchase APR associated with this card is 24.9% (V).
Also on the plus side, the Capital One® Platinum Credit Card has a low annual fee of just $19, which is kindly waived for the first year. The card does not charge a foreign transaction fees. Any purchases made on foreign soil (or online to foreign merchants) will not be charged additional fees
You won’t find a rewards program associated with the Capital One® Platinum Credit Card and if you need a balance transfer, moving your balance to a 24.9% (V) is not a wise idea. This card offers the bare minimum in terms of perks, but the one thing you will find is an unsecured credit line for those with average credit.
- Start with no annual fee for the first year; $19 after that
- Get access to a higher credit line after making your first 5 monthly payments on time
- Fraud coverage if your card is lost or stolen
- Use online banking to access your account—even from your smartphone with our mobile app
- Pick the monthly payment due date that works best for you
- Pay however you want—by check, online, or at a local branch, all with no fee
- Get access to your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Receive extended warranty protection at no charge on eligible items purchased with your credit card
The Capital One® Platinum Credit Card has everything a responsible personal finance consumer needs. Remember to pay your credit on time, stay within your credit limit and soon enough, you’ll be able to move on to a Capital One product with a top-tier rewards program. Anyone in need of building their credit should consider the Capital One® Platinum Credit Card.