Owning a travel rewards credit card is necessary only if, well, you plan to travel. All of the rewards are specific to saving on future bookings or even saving on fees accumulated during travel. The Blue Sky from American Express® is a general travel rewards credit card, meaning you can book your flight on any airline, stay in any hotel and the value of your points are always the same. Rather than be restricted to one particular airline, this card allows for freedom and thus makes it one of the best travel cards to own.
An introductory offer of 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months is offered on the Blue Sky from American Express® and the length of your intro period depends on your credit. The APR after the introductory period has expired is 17.24% - 22.24% Variable, again depending on your credit history and score.
The rewards program for the Blue Sky from American Express® is straightforward:
- Welcome Bonus: Earn 7,500 Bonus Points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Unlimited Travel Options: Every 7,500 points that you earn can be redeemed for a $100 statement credit toward any airline ticket, any hotel stay, car rental or cruise.
- Flexible Ways to Earn: earn 1 point for virtually every dollar you spend on eligible purchases.
- Flexible Bill Payments: pay your bill all at once or over time.
- No annual fee, 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, then a variable rate, currently 17.24%- 22.24%.
- Terms and Restrictions Apply.
The Blue Sky from American Express® is a good overall travel rewards credit card with no annual fee and great access to special events. To sign up or view more info, visit the secure application page for the Blue Sky from American Express®.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are authors alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.