The Best Hotel Rewards Credit Cards of 2013
I‘ve never had the experience of working for a company which required a lot of travel but if I did, I would make sure to own a Hotel Rewards Credit Card. These types of credit cards are perfect for travelers who enjoy special perks and privileges that most guests never receive. Most hotel credit cards also have great bonus offers and rewards programs so high price hotels aren’t as expensive.
The best hotel rewards credit cards vary by issuer but almost every high-class hotel is represented by one or two credit cards. We’ve compiled a list of the best hotel cards below and each of these cards are a great fit if you stay at hotels often (at least a handful of times a year). If you own a card that is not on this list, let us know and we’ll give it a nice review to see if it’s worthy.
Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
Citi® Hilton HHonorsTM Visa Signature® Card
- Starpoints® bonus: earn up to 25,000 bonus points: 10,000 after your first purchase and another 15,000 after you spend $5,000 within the first 6 months of Cardmembership
- That’s enough for a weekend getaway to a Category 4 Hotel like the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, or six free nights at a Category 2 Hotel
- Free Hotel Nights: redeem Starpoints at over 1,100 hotels in nearly 100 countries worldwide - with no blackout dates
- Free Flights: redeem Starpoints on over 350 airlines with SPG Flights - with no blackout dates
- Get 5,000 bonus Starpoints after you transfer 20,000 Starpoints to a frequent flyer program with more than 30 airlines
- No limits on the number of Starpoints you can earn
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $65
- Terms and Restrictions Apply.
Published or updated May 9, 2013.
- Earn 40,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points after spending $1000 within 4 months of account opening*
- Earn 6 HHonors Bonus Points for each $1 spent at a participating hotel within the Hilton HHonors portfolio.*
- Earn 3 HHonors Bonus Points for each $1 spent on purchases at supermarkets, drugstores and gas stations.*
- Earn 2 HHonors Bonus Points for each $1 spent on all other purchases.*
- No annual fee.*