- $200 cash bonus after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days of card ownership
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months!
Earning cash back on your credit card purchases is one of the better ways to offset the costs of everyday spending. Whether you’re buying gas, groceries, airline tickets, or simply paying things like your phone or utility bills, you can save each and every time by making sure to pay with a great cashback credit card.
The Barclaycard CashForward™ World Mastercard® is one of those great credit cards with a robust cashback rewards program. Plus, right now it’s offering a $200 cash rewards bonus, after you spend $1,000 in the first 90 days!
Barclaycard CashForward™ World Mastercard® Reward Details
The Barclaycard CashForward™ World Mastercard® provides all cardholders with a flat 1.5% cash back on all purchases… no tier levels, no spending requirements. Also included, though, is a 5% cash back rewards redemption bonus.
For example, if someone were to spend $10,000 on this card in one calendar year (or about $830 a month), they would earn $150 cash back. When they redeemed that reward amount, they would receive an additional 5% cash back bonus in their account, adding another $7.50. Essentially, this would give them $157.50 in cash back for that year, making this card a 1.575% cash back credit card. (Interestingly enough, this is better than both the Chase Freedom Visa and the Capital One Quicksilver cards.)
Additional reward and benefit details include:
- Get a $200 cash rewards bonus after you spend $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days after account opening
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on every purchase.
- Every time you redeem, get a 5% cash rewards redemption bonus to use toward your next redemption.
- Redeem your cash rewards for a deposit into a U.S. checking or savings account, a statement credit or gift cards — redemptions start at $50.
- Cash rewards do not expire as long as your account is open, active, and in good standing.
- Enjoy a 0% introductory APR for the first 15 months on purchases. Plus, you’ll get a 0% introductory APR for 15 months on balance transfers for each balance transfer made within 45 days of account opening. After that a variable APR will apply, 15.99%, 20.99% or 25.99%, based on your creditworthiness.
- Please note, there is a fee for balance transfers.
- No annual fee.
There are a few important perks to highlight from the list above. Most notably, there is no annual fee to own the Barclaycard CashForward™ World Mastercard®. All the cashback earned over the years of card ownership is not cut down by an obnoxious fee every 12 months, so that’s great news.
Related: Our Favorite No Annual Fee Cards
Also important is the 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 15 months (with a 3% balance transfer fee). For cardholders struggling to pay down debt on other credit cards, utilizing the balance transfer option here is a great way to go. It allows you to keep payments low while offering time to get balances back to zero.
This credit card is a Mastercard, so it’s accepted anywhere you see the red and yellow Mastercard logo. The Barclaycard CashForward™ World Mastercard® is an excellent cashback credit card with a solid rewards system, initial $200 bonus offer, and a few extra perks to make this card just a touch better than its competitors (and again, NO ANNUAL FEE). Anyone in need of a credit card for everyday spending or purchases should strongly consider an application.
- More information on the Barclaycard CashForward™ World Mastercard®
Topics: Credit Cards