When I think of a top travel rewards card, the likes of Capital One, Chase, and American Express come to mind. In fact, I carry cards from all three of those card issuers. But a fairly new entrant on the scene is offering some pretty sweet bonus rewards. The Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® is an excellent option for big spenders looking for big travel rewards. Using this card regularly could net you some serious savings on your next vacation. So it seemed that a review of the card was in order.
The Travel Rewards
All new cardholders of the Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® will earn 50,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days of opening your account. And since there’s no cap on redeeming miles, you can redeem those miles any time on nearly any travel-related purchase. You just choose your airline, hotel, resort, cruise, train or car rental service and book using your Barclaycard. You can then redeem your miles for statement credit, saving you money on travel.
This Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® comes with other bonuses and rewards, as well, including:
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days — that’s enough to redeem for a $500 travel statement credit
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- Redeem for travel or cash back statement credits, gift cards and merchandise. Redemption values vary
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
- Miles don’t expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- No foreign transaction fees on anything you buy while in another country
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on Balance Transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR will apply, 16.74%, 20.74% or 23.74%, based on your creditworthiness. Please note, there is a fee for balance transfers
Interest Rates and Fees
This card offers a 0% APR introductory rate for the first 12 months on balance transfers initiated within the first 45 days of card membership, with an ongoing variable APR of 16.74%, 20.74% or 23.74% depending on credit history . There are a couple of modest but standard drawbacks to consider when applying for the Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard®
- $89 annual fee (waived first year)
- Balance transfer fee of 3%, minimum $5
The Bottom Line
There really aren’t that many drawbacks to the Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard®, as long as you use it often enough to offset the $89 annual fee. And if you’re paying off your balance each month, the APR is not a problem. Bottom line is that this is a fabulous card for racking up some serious travel rewards miles that are easy to redeem on any vacation or business trip.