American Express is offering a wonderful promotion during the holiday season. From now until December 18th, cardholders can earn double points on a lot of online purchases. A total of 11 retailers are participating in the promotion:
- Bath and Body Works
- Calvin Klein
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Kate Spade
- Shop PBS
- P.S From Aeropostale
- Sports Authority
In order to receive double rewards points from American Express, you must use your AMEX card for an online purchase from one of the 11 retailers above and be enrolled in the AMEX rewards program. Points will show on your statement within 8 weeks from your purchase, so sit tight if they don’t show immediately.
Let’s take a gander at some of the best finance articles of the week.
- Why Lottery Winners Go Broke: Prospect Theory At Work @ The Digerati Life: There’s a strange curse that comes with winning the lottery and if you’re not careful, you might just win.
- How To Save Money When Going Out To Dinner @ MoneyNing: I have to admit that it’s a little embarrassing when the check comes and you flash a coupon but I’m always happy I go through with it.
- Cash For Caulkers – I’m Not Kidding. Latest Gov’t Giveaway Program @ Darwins Finance: A great idea for a well spent $23 Billion if you ask me.
- Motivation For College Students That Work @ Studenomics: Too many student’s don’t realize how awesome work study programs can be. I made $6 an hour to do my homework. Consider that I paid about $120 an hour for class and I was still way in the hole.
- The Business of Reality Shows @ Weakonomics: The one thing that is keeping Donald Trump going seems to be “The Apprentice” series. I can’t stand Amarosa.
- How To Stop Money From Ruining Your Life @ DebtKid: Some would say that it’s the lack of money that can ruin your life but I think thats backwards.